Mini Egypt Park overview
The Miniature Museum includes a collection consisting of 60 works of art by well selected artists
· Alexandria Bibliotheca :
The New Library of Alexandria is dedicated to recapture the spirit of openness and scholarship of the original Bibliotheca Alexandrina. It is much more than a library. The Ancient Library is undeniably the greatest chapter in the history of Alexandria. Alexandria the great city, founded by Alexander and home to Cleopatra, has had a remarkable history of 2300 years
· Roman Amphitheatre :
Roman Theatre is one of the symbols of Alexandria city. Basically Amphitheatre means double theatre and were grand and impressive in structure. Usually built in semi-circular shape.
· Pompay's Pillar in Alexandria in Egypt:
The Arabs called it "Amoud el-Sawari", Column of the Horsemen. Column with two Sphinx.The Pillar is the tallest ancient monument in Alexandria. An approximately 25m red Aswan granite column with a circumference of 9m, was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletain. Originally from the temple of the Serapis at the very end of the 4th century.
· The CitadelofQaitbay
It was erected on the exact site of the famous Lighthouse of Alexandria. About 1480 A.D, the Mameluke Sultan Al Ashraf Qaitbay fortified the place as part of his coastal defensive edifices against the Turks, who were threatening Egypt at that time. He built the castle and placed a Mosque inside it. The Qaitbay Citadel in Alexandria is considered one of the most important defensive strongholds, not only in Egypt, but also along the Mediterranean Sea coast.
· El Montazah Palace
Khedive Abbas Hilmy (1892–1914) built Montazah along the Alexandrian coastline as his summer palace, a refuge for when Cairo became too hot.
· Cairo Opera House :
The Cairo Opera House, part of Cairo's National Cultural Center, is the main performing arts venue in the Egyptian capital. Home to most of Egypt's finest musical groups, it is located on the southern portion of Gezira Island in the Nile River, in the Zamalek district west of and near downtown Cairo.
· The Cairo Tower:
is a free-standing concrete tower located in Cairo, Egypt. At 187 m (614 ft), Its partially open lattice-work design is intended to evoke a pharaonic lotus plant, an iconic symbol of Ancient Egypt. it has been the tallest structure in Egypt and North Africa about 50 years.
· Maspero Building :
Is the huge building on the bank of the Nile river in Cairo, Egypt. It is the headquarters of the Egyptian Radio and Television Union(formerly the Arab Radio and Television Union, the oldest state-run broadcasting organisation in the Arab World, and Africa). The first broadcast from Maspero commenced on 21 July 1960 in the eighth anniversary of the Egyptian Revolution of 1952. It was built on an area of 12,000 square metres, with a budget of 108 000 Egyptian pounds. The building was named after the French archaeologistGaston Maspero, who was the chairman of the Egyptian Antiquities Authority.
· Basilica Church
Basilica Church of Heliopolis is a unique place of worship within Cairo's Heliopolis district. Established in 1910 by Belgian entrepreneur Baron Eduard Empain, the basilica's unique combination of design influences makes it an interesting religious site within this predominantly Muslim country. One of the centerpieces of the basilica is the Belgian organ, installed in 1914 and employing 1407 pipes to create a grand, ethereal sound. In 2000, an organization dedicated to preserving pipe organs refurbished this treasure, allowing visitors to once more hear the powerful music of hymns and liturgies.
· The great Mosque of Muhammad Ali Pasha:
Known also as Alabaster Mosque: is a mosque situated in the Citadel of Cairo in Egypt and commissioned by Muhammad Ali Pashabetween 1830 and 1848.Situated on the summit of the citadel, this Ottoman mosque, the largest to be built in the first half of the 19th century, is, with its animated silhouette and twin minarets, the most visible mosque in Cairo. The mosque was built in memory of Tusun Pasha, Muhammad Ali's oldest son.
· Bab Zweila
Bab Zuweila is a medieval gate in Cairo, which is still standing in modern times. It was also known as Bawabbat al-Mitwali during the Ottoman period, and is sometimes spelled Bab Zuwayla. It is considered one of the major landmarks of the city and is the last remaining southern gate from the walls of Fatimid Cairo in the 11th and 12th century. Its name comes from Bab, meaning "Door", and Zuwayla, the name of a tribe of Berber warriors from the western desert, members of which were charged with guarding the gate.
· The Egyptian Museum :
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo contains the world's most extensive collection of pharaonic antiquities; no visit to Egypt is complete without a trip through its galleries. The original collection was established in the late 19th century under Auguste Mariette and housed in Boulaq. The objects were moved in 1891 to the palace of Ismail Pasha in Giza before being transferred in 1902 to the current building at Tahrir Square, which is the first purpose-built museum edifice in the world
· Nile Hilton Hotel :
One of the largest murals in the world, 130 M. long and 55 M. high, Cairo’s Nile Hilton was the first international hotel in the post-WWII Middle East. The Nile Hilton opened in 1958 with a great fanfare and it became the hottest spot in Cairo.
· The American University in Cairo (AUC)
is an independent, English language, liberal arts university located in Cairo.The main building is a converted palace which was originally built in the 1860s for the Minister of Education Khairy Pasha. The building briefly became the headquarters of the Egyptian University (now Cairo University) in the early 1900s and was acquired by AUC in 1919.
· Karnak Temple :
It is the largest ancient religious site in the world, and represents the combined achievement of many generations of Egyptian builders. Most of the work on Karnak was done by the pharaohs of the New Kingdom (1570-1100 BC).The Temple of Karnak actually consists of three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples located about 2.5 kilometers north of Luxor. One of most famous structures of Karnak is the Hypostyle Hall, a hall area of 5,000 m2 (50,000 sq ft) with 134 massive columns arranged in 16 rows.
· Luxor Temple:
is a large Ancient Egyptian temple complex located on the east bank of the Nile River in the city today known as Luxor (ancient Thebes) and was founded in 1400 B.C. Known in the Egyptian language as "the southern sanctuary." In Luxor there are six great temples, the four on the left bank are known to travelers and readers of travels as Goornah, Deir-el-Bahri, the Ramesseum, and Medinet Habu; and the two temples on the right bank are known as the Karnak and Luxor.
· Temple of Edfu :
The Temple of Edfu is an ancient Egyptian temple located on the west bank of the Nile in the city of Edfu . . It is one of the best preserved temples in Egypt. The temple, dedicated to the falcon god Horus, was built in the Ptolemaic period between 237 and 57 BC. The Temple of Edfu's archaeological significance and high state of preservation has made it a centre for tourism in Egypt and a frequent stop for the many riverboats that cruise the Nile.
· Abu Simbel Temple :
The Abu Simbel temples are two massive rock temples in Abu Simbel, a small village in Nubia, southern Egypt, near the border with Sudan. They are situated on the western bank of Lake Nasser, about 230 km southwest of Aswan. The twin temples were originally carved out of the mountainside during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century B.C.
· Hatshepsut Temple :
Hatshepsut meaning Foremost of Noble Ladies; 1508–1458 BC) was the fifth pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt. the first great woman in history of whom we are informed.
· Khufu’s Pyramid :
The Great Pyramid of Giza is the oldest and largest of the three pyramids in the Giza Necropolis bordering what is now El Giza, Egypt. It is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one to remain largely intact. Egyptologists believe that the pyramid was built as a tomb over a 10 to 20-year period concluding around 2560 BC. Initially at 146.5 metres (481 feet), the Great Pyramid was the tallest man-made structure in the world for over 3,800 years.
· Khafre’s Pyramid :
The Pyramid of Khafre, is the second-tallest and second-largest of the Ancient Egyptian Pyramids of Giza and the tomb of the Fourth-Dynasty pharaoh Khafre .Also known as pyramid of Chephren , is more than 4500 years old, making it one of the oldest standing structures in the world. To put it in other words, this construction is almost as old as the written history of humanity.
· The Pyramid of Menkaure:
Menkaure's pyramid had an original height of 65.5 m. (215 feet) and was the smallest of the three major pyramids at the Giza Necropolis. It now stands at 61 m. (204 ft) tall with a base of 108.5 m. The first sixteen courses of the exterior were made of granite. The upper portion was cased in the normal manner with Tura limestone. Part of the granite was left in the rough.
· Pyramid of Sakkara :
It was built during the Third Dynasty (ca. 2800 B.C.)
· The Great Sphinx:
Sphinx is a large human-headed lion that was carved from a mound of natural rock. It is located in Giza where it guards the front of Khafra's pyramid. The face of the Sphinx is generally believed to represent the face of the Pharaoh Khafra. It is the largest monolithstatue in the world, standing 73.5 m. long. It is the oldest known monumental sculpture built at (c. 2558–2532 BC).
· Sheraton Hotel Hurghada :
One of the remarkable land marks at Hurghada , Operated at 1963 with cost of one Million pounds By “International Sheraton Hotels “ . Considered to be the start point for Hurghada Tourism.
· Suez Canal Authority :
The Suez Canal Administration Building (or Navy House) houses the administration offices of the Canal. Built by Khedive Ismail in 1869, this palace is also known as "the British Navy Base". Situated on the bank of the Suez Canal. It was erected to serve in hosting and receiving the Khedive's guests and rulers coming from the whole world to visit Egypt under his reign.
· Al Salam Bridge :
The Suez Canal Bridge, also known as the Al Salam Bridge, Peace Bridge , It is a road bridge crossing the Suez Canal at El Qantara . The bridge was opened in October 2001.
· Aswan High Dam :
The High Dam is a rockfill dam across the Nile River, at Aswān, Egypt, completed in 1970 (and formally inaugurated in January 1971) at a cost of about $1 billion pounds. The dam, 364 feet (111 metres) high, with a crest length of 12,562 feet (3,830 metres) and a volume of 57,940,000 cubic yards (44,300,000 cubic metres), impounds a reservoir, Lake Nasser. Completed in 1902, with its crest raised in 1912 and 1933.